23 December 2016

Extensions

On Friday, 20150130, I installed LibreOffice 4.4.

First step is to copy my customized standard.soc to "~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/config/"  After spending four hours going through my customized version line by line, I decide to just accept that I have to rename various colour palletes to standard.soc, and copy them, prior to when I need to use them.  There seems to be a size restriction of 156.2 kB.

Copying the correctly working standard.soc from "~/.openoffice/4/user/config/" still results it being reduced to 156.2 kB, and the inclusion of a colour palette that was not in my customized version! I'll have to find a workaround for the individual components within my customized soc, that are more than 200 kB in size. 

In days of yore, I'd toss dictionaries into "/opt/openoffice/share/dict/ooo", and manually edit dictionary.lst. That functionality was slated to be removed before the release of Apache OpenOffice 4.0 and LibreOffice 4.0.  It took a few more releases, but, as best as I can determine, it no longer works for those two programs, nor for EuroOffice 2014.

Then I start to add the extensions.I have a directory that contains about 300 extensions, most of which I've used once or twice.

Installing extensions has always been a time consuming experience.  Especially now that dictionaries have to be installed as extensions.

Putting dictionaries into "/opt/openoffice/share/dict/ooo", and manually editing dictionary.lst no longer works :(


TXTOOo.oxt
The description in Extension Manager simply gives copyright data.
The icon on simply says "txtOOo".
On http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/import-csv, the extension is called "Import CSV".

That's when I remember that I used for a project several years, and haven't used it since then.

Then, when restarting the program, I'm confronted with:

Too Many Tool Bars
Looking at the names at ">View >Toolbars, this is displayed:

Tool Bars With No Labels.

As expected, there are tool bars that are simply named "Add-On #". Those tool bars will never be used, because I won't remember what they are for.





No comments:

Post a Comment